[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "shwing" <shwing at shwinux dot com>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Performances of the LAN to DMZ. (RESOLVED)
 Date:  Tue, 31 May 2005 12:17:51 +0200
Ok, I understand.
Thanks all for your answers.
Regards.

-----Message d'origine-----

On 5/30/05, shwing <shwing at shwinux dot com> wrote:
> I have a WRAP (PC Engines WRAP.1D-2) and my DMZ server is PIII 800Mhz
(512Mb
> of ram)

This is why you typically don't put things that require fast
throughput, like a file server, on a DMZ segment.  4.4 MBps is around
35 Mbps, which is about the max throughput of a WRAP.  It's only a 266
MHz, sub $200 USD box.  It's not suitable and not designed to route
wire speed, and you won't find that in any box at that price.  A 1 GHz
or so should do wire speed.  If you really need excellent performance
from a file server on a different subnet, a L3 switch is the way to
go.

-Chris