[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Zachary Miller" <znmiller at sbcglobal dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Redirects to LAN
 Date:  Tue, 31 May 2005 05:40:13 -0500
Thank you very much for the help on this. I have another question...

I set up a redirect on the WAN interface to an internal host, but it
does not seem to be working.. I actually have two setup.
One accepts connections on the WAN interface HTTPS port and redirects
it to the m0n0wall box HTTPS port to allow me to access the web interface
externally, as there is no option in m0n0wall to allow this. I did not
really expect this to work, and it doesn't.

The other redirects port 80 on the WAN interface to port 80 on my access
point to allow me to configure this externally. This is not working either.
I figure I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

I should note that the "WAN" interface is actually connected to my internal
LAN, which is NAT'd and firewalled, so there is no danger of external
internet
hosts being able to connect to the web configuration interfaces of these
devices.

A suggestion to the m0n0wall developers, please add an option to allow
configuration
through the WAN for those of us connecting it to a LAN!

Thank you.

-Zach