[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Hawkins" <hawkos at tpg dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  I have a Dynamic IP from my ISP TPG internet. Heellppppp!
 Date:  Tue, 31 May 2005 22:26:17 +1000
Everybody should get a laugh out of this.....

I am sorry everyone, oh and yes Chris I did mean to say thanks to Manuel for
writing a great program such as m0n0wall.oops.  Anyway, I truly am a
networking idiot.  I just cannot access the internet from my client PC
192.168.2.100 through my LAN 192.168.2.1 which then goes to the WAN (I hope)
192.168.1.5 and unfortunately, to make matters worse, I have a Dynamic IP
from TPG internet.

I have read the manual from cover to cover more than a dozen times.  I have
added rules, deleted rules, left monowall at it's default settings etc etc.
I am using a Dynalink RTA100+ ADSL modem and it has a setting within it's
own WebGUI that allows you to set it up as a DHCP Server/Relay???.  TPG
internet uses PPPoE and I am confused as to which gateway address I should
use.

I have successfully setup 1.2b8 on a CF card and I can boot into the WebGUI
just fine. After re-adjusting the WebGUI to state that WAN uses DHCP, it
states that the interface is up and running but when I set it up to use
PPPoE the WAN interface goes offline.

Can anyone please run me through the setup of m0n0wall as if I was a
complete idiot and didn't have a clue, (actually, I really don't have a damn
clue what is going on).

Thanks in advance.

Adam.