[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_Ros=E1rio?= <carlos dot rosario at netcabo dot pt>
 To:  "'Adam Hawkins'" <hawkos at tpg dot com dot au>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] I have a Dynamic IP from my ISP TPG internet. Heellppppp!
 Date:  Tue, 31 May 2005 14:47:13 +0100
I also have a Dynamic IP, ADSL connection using PPPoE and it works fine with
m0n0wall (1.2b3 here). I only need to select "PPPoE" type in the WAN and
then in the PPPoE configuration, insert the correct user/pass supplied by
the ISP. Also you can use both an ADSL modem or a ADSL router that should be
in RFC1483 bridge mode, not in routing mode. I have tried both with success
in dynamic and static IP enviroments. You should try configuring your modem
with the DHCP server disabled and with all the routing capabilities disabled
(some "so called" modems have routing facilities) and let m0n0wall take over
the rest. Here in Portugal we also need to configure some parameters like
VPI/VCI on the modem. Get this data from your ISP.