[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>, Bart Smit <bit at pipe dot nl>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] symbolic names for use in rules
 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:04:44 -0700
At 08:02 AM 12/11/2003, Chris Olive wrote:
>But occasionally, we poke holes through for certain machines (in cases
>where the proxy server doesn't work out for what we need), do what we need
>to do, then reapply our "safety net" again.  It would be nice to be able
>to apply a "No Proxy" ruleset, then apply a "Use Proxy" rule set that both
>twiddle the respective rules.

I do something like that.  I have a rule that allows any from any to
any.  I leave the rule in the box (to be able to test if I've broken
anything) and just click the "enable" or "disable" next to it.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228