[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>, M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Space requirements and logging
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:39:09 -0700
At 06:46 AM 12/12/2003, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>Is there an FAQ that I missed? I am trying to decide on what size CF to
>buy, but the only thing I see mentioned is that M0n0 wall uses about 5 MB.
>So if there was no log writting a 64MB or even 32MB would do the trick? If
>it was possible to write to the CF card would 64MB be enough?

The way most people who care about archiving their logs take care of it is
to configure a separate syslog server, and then point m0n0wall at it.  Then
your logs will be on some disk somewhere else and easily used for
reporting, analysis, and the like (not to mention getting dumped to some
backup media).

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400