[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  'Bill Church' <bill dot church at bsius dot com>, 'M0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Read Error generic-pc-pb21r560.img
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:50:54 -0800
Bill Church <mailto:bill dot church at bsius dot com> scribbled on Thursday, December
11, 2003 7:15 PM:

> # gunzip -c generic-pc-pb21r560.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k
>
> if I go into fdisk though it does say that "partition /dev/hda4
> starts with
> invalid sector 0" but I figured that might just be a bsd vs linux
> thing.
>
> I reboot the computer to the hard drive and all I get is "Read Error"
> on the
> screen. I saw posts about this for the CF + soekris platform, but
> those were
> ancient.

Bill and all,

	I get the same thing when putting the img file on a CF card. I can't
mount it, or boot from it. I ended up creating my own img file from the
directions in Hacking M0n0wall.

HTH

.mark