[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Bertrand <iaccounts at northnetworks dot ca>
 To:  "Here's Jonny" <jonnysixgun at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Iso Boot CD
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:26:53 -0500
> I just discovered monowall and I want to use the cd iso but for whatever reason I can't get any of
the disc I've burned to boot.

Look at the contents of the CD. If it has a single .iso file, you've
burnt it wrong.

You must specify that you want to burn a cd from an image, then locate
the iso. You can not simply copy over the iso as a data file.

In Adaptec, click File->Create cd from image, select 'iso' from the
filetype drop down list.

In unix, you can use dd to perform this task. Just read man dd(8)

Steve

> I have no problem booting from linux or windows cd's.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Seems plenty of your users have had no problem with it.

Steve Bertrand
President/CTO,
Northumberland Network Services

t: 905.352.2688