[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  "'M. G. (Michael) de Bruin'" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>, Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 Cc:  'Bill Church' <bill dot church at bsius dot com>, 'M0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Read Error generic-pc-pb21r560.img
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:10:59 -0800
M. G. (Michael) de Bruin <mailto:mg dot debruin at buum dot nl> scribbled on Friday,
December 12, 2003 1:01 PM:

> Guys,
>
> I have had the same error on two boxes (one p75 and one p90), but I
> thought it was me. Finding out there are more people with this
> problem:
> please let me know what the solution is (if there is one)!

I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty new to BSD in general. I'm in the
process of trying M0n0wall out on another embedded system, and when it tries
to load either snmp or ntp, it causes the system to reboot. What I've done
for now is to mount generic*.img, make my changes to mfsroot.gz, then using
the physicalwrite software on an XP box to copy the image to the CF card.
The only time I have a problem is if I use dd to copy the generic*.img file
to the CF card on a BSD machine. I'm using a Sandisk USB CF adapter, and
that seems to work just fine - as long as I don't try to creat a bootable CF
card...

HTH

.mark