[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kevin Roosdahl" <kevin at prestigecomputers dot ca>
 To:  "M0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall.com
 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:48:21 -0800
When I first tried to find m0n0wall, I kept hoping it would be m0n0wall.com
or something similar (.org, .net).  Now I at least know to go to
http://m0n0.ch.   I checked into the m0n0wall names and they were stolen
(err.. borrowed?) by realcheapnames.com.  I asked them what the going price
to get them back, and it is $450.  I was hoping it would be reasonable
enough that I could get it as a thanks for making such great software, but
alas that is too steep for a Christmas present.  That price includes all of
the domains (monowall and m0n0wall .org,.net,.com).

People shouldn't be allowed to take names that are so obviously not theirs.
After the free advertising on techtv - maybe the program should be renamed
to m0m0wall (typo on their website).