[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bill Church" <bill dot church at bsius dot com>
 To:  "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Read Error generic-pc-pb21r560.img
 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:14:52 -0500
Trying to install generic-pc-pb21r560.img on an older HP Pavillion 166MHz w/
a 1GB hard drive. I boot to a gentoo CD that has network support and do the
following:

# wget http://..../generic-pc-pb21r560.img
# gunzip -c generic-pc-pb21r560.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k

if I go into fdisk though it does say that "partition /dev/hda4 starts with
invalid sector 0" but I figured that might just be a bsd vs linux thing.

I reboot the computer to the hard drive and all I get is "Read Error" on the
screen. I saw posts about this for the CF + soekris platform, but those were
ancient.

Any clues here?

Thanks,
Bill