[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-announce] pb22 released
 Date:  Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:17:49 +0100 (CET)
> - host and network aliases are now supported for filter, NAT and
> traffic shaper rules (more applications of aliases coming in future
> releases)

Came home from a weekend away, just to find pb22 with aliases had come
out during my absence. This is quite nice indeed.

But Manuel, I don't know if you have this still planned for later (and
that this is the logical first step) or that you didn't see exactly *what*
I meant with the original post on "symbolic names":

I specifically meant a way to name *groups* of IP's and networks.  so I
can have a single rule apply to several nets at once. E.g. 5 different
remote networks that all need the same treatment from my firewall. I want
to call them "remote office nets" and be done with a single rule per
protocol instead of having to create 5 rules, one for each net.

--Bart (who has got 2 fingers now!)