[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Kevin Roosdahl" <kevin at prestigecomputers dot ca>
 Cc:  "M0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall.com
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:10:41 +0100
On 11.12.2003, at 22:48, Kevin Roosdahl wrote:

> When I first tried to find m0n0wall, I kept hoping it would be
> m0n0wall.com
> or something similar (.org, .net).  Now I at least know to go to
> http://m0n0.ch.   I checked into the m0n0wall names and they were
> stolen

Well, at least http://m0n0.ch/wall is the first hit that turns up in
Google if you search for "m0n0wall". And we have m0n0.com too.

> (err.. borrowed?) by realcheapnames.com.  I asked them what the going
> price
> to get them back, and it is $450.  I was hoping it would be reasonable
> enough that I could get it as a thanks for making such great software,
> but
> alas that is too steep for a Christmas present.  That price includes
> all of

I'd never ever buy domains from a company like that - it only
encourages them to continue doing what they do. If you really want to
buy a name, consider m0n0wall.ch. ;) I know, most people probably
wouldn't think of typing .ch instead of .com...

> People shouldn't be allowed to take names that are so obviously not
> theirs.
> After the free advertising on techtv - maybe the program should be
> renamed
> to m0m0wall (typo on their website).

There's actually a story about the "m0n0" on what is becoming the
m0n0wall documentation project (http://m0n0.ch/wall/docs/book/view/1).
:)

- Manuel