[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Space requirements and logging
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:46:26 -0500 (EST)
Recently found M0n0Wall and have been going over the archives looking for
requirements. In particular space for logs.

Based on

it seems the default configuration is to write only to a HD. Is there no
way to write logs to a CF card?

Logs are important to me and I would not mind even replacing the CF card
yearly or twice a year if that was needed.

How can you "wear out" a CF card anyway?

Is there an FAQ that I missed? I am trying to decide on what size CF to
buy, but the only thing I see mentioned is that M0n0 wall uses about 5 MB.
So if there was no log writting a 64MB or even 32MB would do the trick?
If it was possible to write to the CF card would 64MB be enough?