[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Space requirements and logging
 Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:46:26 -0500 (EST)
Recently found M0n0Wall and have been going over the archives looking for
requirements. In particular space for logs.

Based on
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=0&actionargs[]=39

it seems the default configuration is to write only to a HD. Is there no
way to write logs to a CF card?

Logs are important to me and I would not mind even replacing the CF card
yearly or twice a year if that was needed.

How can you "wear out" a CF card anyway?

Is there an FAQ that I missed? I am trying to decide on what size CF to
buy, but the only thing I see mentioned is that M0n0 wall uses about 5 MB.
So if there was no log writting a 64MB or even 32MB would do the trick?
If it was possible to write to the CF card would 64MB be enough?