[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim McCullagh" <timbo at halenet dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall - Using Public IPs no NAT
 Date:  Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:48:50 +1000
Hi All

Has anyone successfully used m0n0wall to route 2 networks together

I have a situation like this

Wan Interface    (sis1)

Ip address      203.xxx.xxx.249
Subnet         /27
Gateway         203.xxx.xxx.228

Lan Interface      (sis0)

Ip address      61.xxx.xxx.1
subnet        /25

I have disabled NAT etc, yet when I try and access the web server on
61.xxx.xxx.14
I end up with log entries like this

21:05:21.391833 sis0 @0:11 B 61.xxx.xxx.14,80 -> 203.xxx.xxx.226,2174 PR tcp
len 20 44 -AS IN

Any idea what i have missed.   I have inserted firewall rules allowing any
to any on both the LAN and WAN interfaces.  I can ping, traceroute via the
m0n0wall device with out any difficulty, I just can't get the web server to
talk even though it does if I am on the same subnet.

It is only a temporary solution while I replace some damaged hardware.

TIA

Tim