[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  dave <dave at rodrig dot com>
 To:  Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Still Can't Connect
 Date:  Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:24:05 -0500
hehehe, good point, I meant to comment on that in that last post.
Basically, set a host to an ip addrress in 192.168.1.0/24, then try each
interface until you find the one that was set as the LAN interface. Then
you can assign the interfaces as you really want them, set ip addresses,
etc.

dave

Bryan Kohlstedt wrote:
> See, this is where my confusion came in. I've got it working now that I was told that I do in fact
have to assign the interfaces. Once I assigned the lan and wan, I was able to connect via the web
interface and everything is now working fine. Until I did that, I was unable to connect to the
webgui to assign a interface to lan/wan.

> How can you assign from the webgui? Don't you need to assign a lan interface before a connection
to the lan nic(webgui) could be made?