[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Fred Weston" <fred at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IP Tunneling between two m0n0walls
 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:48:42 +0100
On 17.12.2003, at 09:21, Fred Weston wrote:

> I've got a rather odd design I'm trying to implement, and was wondering
> if any m0n0wallers could lend some assistance.

Well, I'd say do yourself a favor and don't try to do this with
m0n0wall! ;) That's really a very special situation, and you'll find
yourself working around lots of design choices in m0n0wall that don't
suit this application. Besides, IPsec with a dynamic IP address doesn't
work yet anyway.

My recommendation is to use m0n0BSD with OpenVPN or tinc for the tunnel
- definitely a lot easier and more flexible. Bridging over the VPN
should be possible, too.

HTH,

Manuel