[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Dave Corder <dcorder at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: dhcp out of ip addresses
 Date:  Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:33:22 +0100
Hi,

> I see (on the DHCP log on the m0n0 machine) that the XP machine
> requests its old IP address (wrong subnet), and that m0n0 offers a new
> IP address to the XP.  However the XP seems to ignore this.
> Any help from XP users would be appreciated...

I've seen XP do this quite often - especially when its put to sleep on
one network and awakes on another. it keeps is DHCP timeout value
and just denies itself any new address.

ipconfig /renew

almost always fixes this - so it isnt 100% broken...which just makes
this quirk very annoying.

by the way, this isnt only with m0n0 dhcp, it also happens on other
DHCPDs

alan