[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jason at weatherserver dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b8
 Date:  Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:51:06 -0400
Argh. Just to see whether anything at all is working, why don't you try
upgrading using some other file? In other words, don't feed the m0n0wall a
correct 1.2b8 image. Instead, feed it some bogus file of any length (I used
a text file with a dozen or so lines). A few seconds after selecting
"Upgrade firmware", the page should reload with a red/pink band near the
top, with this text:
The following input errors were detected:

   - The uploaded image file is not for this platform (generic-pc).

 If you don't get that message, the problem likely isn't with the upgrade
procedure. If you do get this message, read on.

Hey, how much RAM does your m0n0wall have? I seem to remember reading
something about upgrades failing if you have less than 64MB RAM.
Furthermore, maybe it's time for you to mention platform details: SBC or PC
(speed, etc.), HD size, etc.

I'm glad you're taking time to troubleshoot this beta, but if all else fails
and you're desperate to try 1.2b8, you could always back up your XML config
and do a full install of 1.2b8 i.e. copy it to your HD via a live boot CD or
however you installed m0n0wall the very first time on this hardware. Then,
use the console interface to assign the LAN & WAN NICs & restore the config
from a LAN-connected machine.

Given that you and I seem to be the only ones discussing this, perhaps we
should take this off list and report back once we've solved it or can't get
any further...
-klode