[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jason at weatherserver dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b8
 Date:  Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:24:24 -0400
IIRC, the problem with having less than 64MB RAM is that there isn't
sufficient space for a running m0n0wall image, plus the overhead required to
update the firmware (accept the upload, uncompress it, wirte it to permanent
storage, and update the config file). Again IIRC, with 48MB your only choice
is to do raw installs rather than GUI-based updates.

-klode

On 6/1/05, Jason <Jason at weatherserver dot net> wrote:

> The ram would do it. It only has 48 megs of ram and the b7 only used 84%
> of it. Anyways to set m0n0 to ignore the memory size?
>
> I just made a test.img and got the error you spoke of. I do hope there is
> a way to set m0n0 to ignore the memory issue.
>
> The following input errors were detected:
>
> a.. The uploaded image file is not for this platform (generic-pc).

[...deleted...]