[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niklas Petersen <niklas at vestermarken dot net>
 To:  Andrej Fercic <andrej at pcklinika dot si>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Running m0n0wall behind existing router
 Date:  Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:16:51 +0200
Andrej Fercic wrote:
> Niklas, I am confused. Why you want to Cisco and m0n0 together. Use one or
> another. M0n0 has all functions as Cisco has + network shaping which you
> want extra. So hang out with m0n0 only !!!

I am pretty sure that m0n0wall will be replacing the Cisco eventually.
But right now, I want to test the trafic shaping, and if it works well,
I will be making a more permanent setup. Currently m0n0wall is running
from cd-rom and on a machine with some ultra-cheap nics.

A lot of people are using the network, and I would like to be able to
let them get on the internet through the Cisco, even when I fumble
around with m0n0wall :-)

/niklas