[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Yaroslav Sokolov'" <yarick at netmedia dot de>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem: Access to remote ftp servers on nonstandard ports
 Date:  Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:04:03 +0100
> It seems, there is no possibility to access remote fpt server
> on port 2100 (ftp proxy on m0n0wall works only for port 21).

If the remote FTP server supports passive mode, set you client(s) to use
that when connecting to the remote server. That should bypass the problem.

> Is there (maybe in beta versions) _any_ possibility to
> configure m0n0wall to serve such actions ?

I remember doing this on an old ipchains based firewall some years ago to
enable PORT rewriting on 990 - maybe someone else will know how to do
something similar with m0n0?

Regards,

Chris