[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dns servers +
 Date:  Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:00:29 -0400
On 6/1/05, Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net> wrote:
> Well, certainly possible, but if you wait for the ripple for each of
> those to timeout and go to the next, your request most likely timed out
> 3 or 4 dead servers ago. :)

Most likely, yeah.  6 is pretty outragous.

Though the GUI doesn't support it, you might be able to backup your
config, see where the two DNS servers are listed, and add 4 more just
like those two then restore the config.  I have no idea if that'd
actually work, but it might.  Also you could use <shellcmd> (see FAQ
on hidden config.xml options) in your config to echo extra DNS servers
into /etc/resolv.conf.

-Chris