[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b8
 Date:  Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:35:58 -0400
On 6/1/05, Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de> wrote:

> You might wish to enable it by default for at least the WRAP image, it
> cut down CPU usage again by half to about 10% only.

Probably a good idea to do it for all images.  Supposedly if it's
enabled and the NIC's in the system don't support it, things still
work normally in interrupt mode.  In 4.11, the supported devices,
according to polling(4), are dc(4), em(4), fwe(4), fxp(4), nge(4),
rl(4), sis(4), ste(4), and vr(4).

> <shellcmd>ifconfig sis0 link0</shellcmd>
> <shellcmd>ifconfig sis1 link0</shellcmd>
> <shellcmd>ifconfig sis2 link0</shellcmd>

You sure sis supports link0?  Doesn't appear to.  The sis(4) man page
doesn't mention it, while cards that do support it like fxp do have it
mentioned.  It changes the ifconfig output to show it's "turned on",
but the system logs don't show anything when you enable it (at least
for me), while supported cards like fxp show something like "fxp0:
Microcode loaded, int_delay: 1000 usec  bundle_max: 6".

-Chris