[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall bridging-mode help
 Date:  Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:05:35 -0400
Oliver Kainz wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i need to configure my m0n0wall into an bridging firewall,
>>> to protect my wlan.
>>> it is possible?
>>> is ther a tutorial?
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Oliver
>>

>> Could you give us more details about how you plan to do that?
>>
>> Ugo
>>

> I want to insert a transparent (bridged) firewall between my Network and
> the WLAN.
>
> So the clients have nothings to change.
>
> I want to secure my WLAN and this could be one way.
>
> I interested for this mode for an stealth non-visible Firewall.

What I'd do is connect the wan interface to your wired lan and your opt
interface to you access point and set is as a filtering bridge, but you
don't give too many details... 'protect' can mean a lot of things.  What
is your access point, what is your network, how are addresses assigned
for the wired net, the wireless, etc...