[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Oliver Kainz" <oka1 at gmx dot at>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall bridging-mode help
 Date:  Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:46:22 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ugo Bellavance" <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:05 PM
Subject: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall bridging-mode help

>>> Could you give us more details about how you plan to do that?
>>>
>>> Ugo
>>>

>> I want to insert a transparent (bridged) firewall between my Network and
>> the WLAN.
>>
>> So the clients have nothings to change.
>>
>> I want to secure my WLAN and this could be one way.
>>
>> I interested for this mode for an stealth non-visible Firewall.
>
> What I'd do is connect the wan interface to your wired lan and your opt
> interface to you access point and set is as a filtering bridge, but you
> don't give too many details... 'protect' can mean a lot of things.  What
> is your access point, what is your network, how are addresses assigned
> for the wired net, the wireless, etc...

i want to connect the access point on the WAN interface.

the LAN interface on the wired LAN.

Protect means a closed network the wireless user have to connect with IPSEC
on  an second Firewall.

SSID Broadcast off WEP off.

I have old clients without WPA

The way Wireless Client > Access Point >      Firewall 1       >Switch
 >Firewall 2 > VLAN 1

                                                              not visible
Firewall                    IPSEC Endpoint

its only an example.

A Other way is  Wireless Client > Access Point > Switch - VLAN 4 >
Firewall  > VLAN 1

                                !!!Visible Firewall and IPSEC Endpoint!!!!