[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niklas Petersen <niklas at vestermarken dot net>
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Running m0n0wall behind existing router
 Date:  Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:35:01 +0200
sai wrote:
> You should also have WAN and LAN as separate networks - currently you
> have them both on 10.1 - have your WAN on 10.1 and your LAN on 10.2.

I tried this, but packets does not pass through m0n0wall it seems. I get
a timeout after 10.2.0.1, which I set as gateway for lan clients. Could
you tell me what kind of routes I need to add?

I'm sorry if I'm asking very simple network questions, but I do not know
too much about routing and subnets. If anyone could point me to
somewhere that I could read more about how to set up subnets, route from
one net to another etc. I would be forever greatful.

/niklas