[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Strange mac spoofing behavior generic-pc 1.2b8
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:31:31 +0200
Dear mailinglist,

Several times now I have tried to install 1.2b8.
Upgraded from 1.2b7 to b8. Did not work.
Did a reinstall completely from scratch. Did not work.
Used a NEW flashcard. And yes it DID work.
For a moment.

Is look like Brent Dunn's problem, but with a tiny difference !

Here's the situation.
When using the 1.2b8 version of monowall my router (a generic pc) boots fine. It
even gets an IP from my provider. All this is fine, but when I try to use MAC
spoofing, the 1.2b8 verion gets confused.

It gets an IP (assigned by my provider, a reservation in their DHCP server)
default gw, dns servers. All looks fine, but the router does NOT get any traffic
though or does not allow traffic. (Some might say this is due to my provider, I
say no, because the previous version works like a charm !)

I'm at a loss here. I do not see anything in my logfiles.
Where can I find more info and maybe does anyone else have this problem ????

--
Kind regards,
Jeroen Visser.