[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Strange mac spoofing behavior generic-pc 1.2b8
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:15:26 +0200
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:04:50 +0200, Manuel Kasper wrote

> Brent Dunn and you seem to be having one thing in common:
> Realtek-based network cards. Despite the fact that those cards are,
> well, let's just say a little bit cheap, it could be some change in
> FreeBSD's rl driver that causes this problem. The MAC spoofing stuff
> in m0n0wall hasn't changed at all lately. The only difference between
> 1.2b8 and older 4.x-based versions (as far as the rl driver is
> concerned) is that polling support is now compiled in, but that
> shouldn't make a difference as long as it's disabled (by default).
>
> Try another brand of NIC if you can (I'd very much recommend this
> anyway).
>
> - Manuel

I'd really like to try another brand of NIC, but this is an embedded system
(generic pc though) with three networkcards on the motherboard. So sadly I can't
use another brand of Network card.

Specs of the system are here:
http://www.sys-media.it/cv860a.html

Thnx for the fast response!
I'll just keep using the 1.2b7 version for now.
Testing on my side will continue, I'll try to change some bios settings and see
where that gets me. (Probably nowhere, but hey, can't blame me for trying..... ;-)

--
Jeroen Visser.