[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Polling and xl driver
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:50:53 -0400
On 6/3/05, Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'd like to play with polling but the driver in use for all my
> interfaces is the xl driver and is not in the list.  Anybody any idea
> if it would work with this driver and if not, how long before a driver
> update?

It won't work.  It'll enable, but will still use interrupt mode on the
xl's.  FreeBSD 5.4 doesn't support polling on xl either yet, so you
won't see it until the version after m0n0 1.2 at earliest.

There is some work being done in FreeBSD right now to add polling
support to xl, but from list threads on it, it still seems quite
buggy.  May see it by 5.5, but aren't going to get it into 4.11 ever.

-Chris