[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Niklas Petersen <niklas at vestermarken dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Running m0n0wall behind existing router
 Date:  Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:56:49 +0200
sai wrote:
  > What are the IP addresses (of the interfaces) and netmasks on your
> m0n0 and on your client PCs?

Woohooo.....starting from scracth adn setting it up a second time, I
actually got it to work. This is my setup:

cisco LAN 10.1.0.1

m0n0  WAN 10.1.0.7 netmask 255.255.0.0 gateway 10.1.0.1

m0n0  LAN 10.2.0.1 netmask 255.255.0.0

Client IP 10.2.0.2 netmask 255.255.0.0

The only difference from my tests yesterday, is that I physically moved
the m0n0wall box, so that it is in the same building as the router. We
have 3 buildings connected via fiber and each with a stack of switches.
Could this really be the reason? I must admit I did not think the box
being connected through a set of switches would cause a problem, but it
would seem it does.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped me.

/niklas