[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Strange mac spoofing behavior generic-pc 1.2b8
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:08:16 -0400
This isn't odd at all.  I'm guessing that Jeroen has a cable modem?

Many cable modems will only keep a single entry in their bridge table,
and that entry is never cleared.  The only way to clear it is to power
off and power on the modem.  If you've changed your MAC address, the
modem will still be responding to the old one, and may not properly
bridge traffic with that new MAC...

Whenever you change the MAC you are using, restart the cable modem.  See
if that fixes things...