[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Wesley Joyce" <wjoyce at uvi dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature Request
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:58:52 -0400
Hello list, I recently installed m0n0wall 1.2b8 on GX-110 in order to find a
solution for wireless access/captive portal needs.  Well to my excitement,
m0n0wall is so feature packed and easy to use that I am going to replace
full FreeBSD based routers with m0n0wall as well.

Is there a way in m0n0wall to statically create an arp entry?

Command line equivalent -
/usr/sbin/arp -S AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF

I set the DHCP reservation and make the IP to MAC mapping permanent in the
arp table.  This allows me to prevent unknown computers from using IP
addresses that may have a hole through the firewall.  I can't get a shell
session on m0nowall to run the arp command manually.  Is there some other
way to do this?

Thanks list.

Wesley Joyce, Network Administrator
Network Operations, Information Technology Services
University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewers Bay, St. Thomas, USVI 00802-9990
(340) 693-1469 (voice) / (340) 693-1545 (fax)
"If you can't explain it simply, then you don't know it well enough. -