[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Burkhart, John T." <JOHN dot T dot BURKHART at saic dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  HTTPS redirect (Port 8001) died last night - 1.2b8
 Date:  Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:20:30 -0700
I've noticed in some earlier posts that at least a couple of captiveportal
admins were reporting port 8001 dying, sporadically I think, when running
with HTTPS login enabled.

I've been using the captive portal in a dynamic VLAN setup for about a month
now and have noticed only one time (this morning) that my tcp/8001 was down
when I started up.  BTW, I am running from a cdrom iso.

I would give more detailed debugging but there is nothing available in the
system logs that are available.  If there are any ideas why this is
happening I could help write a patch or fix to test for it and correct
sanely.

-= <seperate topic> =-
On a seperate topic that might help someone someday...if you are getting
page not found errors when coming into a captiveportal check your local
security policy (windoze) and disable the FIPS encryption setting (disabled
is the default).  Wasted a couple of hours on that one...

Thanks for the work you've done.  This project actually deserves a
contribution.  After seeing today's long thread about features...ever
considered a ntop 3.x version of m0n0 (tongue-n-cheek).
-= </seperate topic> =-

Respectfully,
John