[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  MrManiac's Listings <mrmaniac dot lists at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall stops passing inbound traffic
 Date:  Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:19:12 +0200
Hi Ed,

Last week I had exactly the same problem.
Some time ago I tried out m0n0's OpenVPN client with a subnet near my
LAN subnet. Then, three weeks ago I changed my LAN subnet to /23, but
I forgot my (deactivated) OpenVPN config, which wasn't running, but the tap
interface was still there. So my LAN subnet was overlapping my OpenVPN
subnet.
The result was, that the firewall blocked every single connection
inbound from WAN.
After spending hours on looking for mistakes in the firewall rules, I downloaded
the config.xml and manually removed all OpenVPN configs.
After that, everthing was fine again.

Hope I could help.
Greets,
Andre