[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Hawkins" <hawkos at tpg dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  I Have a Dynamic IP.......Thankyou Carlos Rosario and Chris Buechler!!!
 Date:  Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:29:05 +1000
Hello everyone and thank you all for helping me on this problem.  I have,
finally after three weeks of trying, access to the internet through my
m0n0wall.  The bridging trick of Carlos' and Chris' fixed the problem.  ALL
IS WELL.  However, I would just like to know something about my Dynalink
RTA100+ ADSL modem.

The default setting for access to the ADSL modems WebGUI is 192.168.1.1, but
as I have just re-configured m0n0wall to use its default 192.168.1.1, what
should I do now to re-establish a connection to my modems WebGUI.  Now that
m0n0wall is setting IP's for my network and the fact that the modem comes
before m0n0wall, its IP, (the modem that is), should probably remain
unchanged from it's default 192.168.1.1 yeah?

I use the modems WebGUI for troubleshooting purposes to determine whether or
not I have established a connection the internet (ISP).  TPG of late have
been slowing my connection a little and drop-outs are not uncommon.  Has
anyone got any ideas on how I can re-establish a connection to my modems
WebGUI?

Regards,

Adam Hawkins

Adam Hawkins

email: hawkos at tpg dot com dot au <mailto:hawkinshousehold at tpg dot com dot au>