[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall stops passing inbound traffic
 Date:  Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:03:43 -0400
Ed Lentz wrote:
> Thanks for the replies
> Hi Stmok,
> I even restarted the fw, with no joy, this has happened before and I
> had to default the system.  This is not the way I expect this to
work.
>  I read where guys have these setup for months with no issues.
>
> Hi Andre,
> It seems that maybe my config gets corrupted?  Is that possible?  My
> lan users aren't bright enough to accidently log into the M0n0. Even
> if they did I have a 15 digit password on it. I run a good virus
> checker on all my lan pcs.  This is getting frustrating.  Eventually
> want to run VOIP thru this and it appears to not be very stable at
> all.  Or at least the longevity of "set it and forget it" is short.
>
>>> From: "Ed Lentz" <elentz at gmail dot com>
>>> I have a Net4501 running ver 1.11 at my office.  I have rules to
>>> allow port 80,23,5900,3306 to a couple of PCs on the Lan side.  I
>>> have had PPTP running as well with the M0n0wall as the server.

I have been up for 180 days (or will be in about 3 hr - 179 days 21
hours ;-) on a Net4501 and I use Vonage phone service (VoIP). I also
use the PPTP server when I am on the road (I use a RADIUS server for
authentication) It can be a stable solution...

First question: Who made the CF do you have in your Net4501? Could a
"bad" CF be to blame? When all else fails use a "Big Name Brand"
stick...

Second question: I recognize http, telnet and MySQL, but what is port
5900?

James W. McKeand