[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Wesley Joyce" <wjoyce at uvi dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal - Intercept additional port such as proxy port
 Date:  Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:29:16 -0400
Hi list, I am using 1.2b8 with CP turned on.  Users are supposed to use my
proxy (on the wan side) listening on port 8080 for web browsing, however,
the CP only intercept traffic directed to port 80.  I would prefer not to
have to tell users to use exclusions in their proxy settings to get around
this.  I did a search on the list archives for combinations of 'intercept'
and 'captive portal' and 'squid', but I didn't see anything directly
related.  I didn't see a parameter in the .xml file either.  Is there anyway
to add additional ports to intercept on?

  _____

Wesley Joyce, Network Administrator
Network Operations, Information Technology Services
University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewers Bay, St. Thomas, USVI 00802-9990
(340) 693-1469 (voice) / (340) 693-1545 (fax)
http://www.uvi.edu/

"If you can't explain it simply, then you don't know it well enough. -
Unknown."