[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Strange mac spoofing behavior generic-pc 1.2b8
 Date:  Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:04:05 +0200
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:08:16 -0400, Braden McGrath wrote
> This isn't odd at all.  I'm guessing that Jeroen has a cable modem?
>
> Many cable modems will only keep a single entry in their bridge table,
> and that entry is never cleared.  The only way to clear it is to power
> off and power on the modem.  If you've changed your MAC address, the
> modem will still be responding to the old one, and may not properly
> bridge traffic with that new MAC...
>
> Whenever you change the MAC you are using, restart the cable modem.  See
> if that fixes things...

Not using Cable Modem. (ADSL Bridge).
Furthermore, I should have had this problem with 1.2b7 too if it was not m0n0wall
related.

Still no success here bytheway.
However, when I remove the DHCLIENT.LEASES file, going back to the original MAC
address does not work either, in the few tests I've performed. Maybe a problem
that is DHCLIENT related ??
Warning, the tests where quick, I'll try another one later one.

Stil trying to pin it down... I'll keep you posted.

--
Jeroen Visser.