[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I Have a Dynamic IP.......Thankyou Carlos Rosario and Chris Buechler!!!
 Date:  Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:42:33 -0400
On 6/4/05, Adam Hawkins <hawkos at tpg dot com dot au> wrote:

> The default setting for access to the ADSL modems WebGUI is 192.168.1.1, but
> as I have just re-configured m0n0wall to use its default 192.168.1.1, what
> should I do now to re-establish a connection to my modems WebGUI.  Now that
> m0n0wall is setting IP's for my network and the fact that the modem comes
> before m0n0wall, its IP, (the modem that is), should probably remain
> unchanged from it's default 192.168.1.1 yeah?

You need to change one or the other to a different subnet.  When
they're both the same, the only way you could get to your DSL modem is
by plugging in outside of m0n0wall with a 192.168.1.0/24 address.

Then after you change the address, it's kind of a kludge to get to
that subnet on the WAN side.  See
http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=AccessingModemOutsideFirewall

-Chris