[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "Raphael Maunier" <raphael at maunier dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vlan & Mtu problem
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:49:32 -0600
I had this same problem when I started using 802.1Q tagging.  It appears
that different NICs can packetize the data differently - smaller packets,
regardless of the MTU set.  After allowing for the extra overhead of the
802.1Q tags, and a little more, I have been using 1400 in the m0n0wall (no
change in the PC's) for a few weeks now and have not had any problems.

Aaron