[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Lawson" <alawson at calhost dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ditching Cisco - Is m0n0wall router/firewall combo good for production use?
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:34:49 -0700
Is there a scenario where a NIC works with m0n0wall but does not support
VLAN/802.11q? I tried using m0n0 last Friday night and the card sort of
worked (some traffic passed) but all in all traffic was being stopped
somewhere and I couldnt tell if it was the card or the configuration.

I mean, I added an optional int just to test, added rules to 'pass * traffic
from src * to dest *' on all int's and everyone who was simply subnetted saw
in/out traffic. People on a VLAN didn't.

Is there a special VLAN hardware compatability list different than those
that just work generically without doing anything special?

Adam