[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] feature request - console for PC
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:18:38 -0400
On 6/6/05, sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to have a serial interface for the generic-pc
> release? There are times when this is needed and would save much
> hassle.

http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=19

IIRC, the problem with doing it on the official images, and reason it
isn't done, is because if your serial hardware isn't working the
system won't boot.  And/or maybe it doesn't come up on the monitor at
all, and since most people use a real display you don't want that.  I
don't know, but I've been told the images I made linked above work
fine, though I haven't tried them myself.

-Chris