[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  till <klimpong at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] managing multiple APs with 1 m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:55:22 +0200
Hello!

I hope replies to the list are *allowed*.

On 6/6/05, Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai dot net> wrote:

First off, thanks for your reply.

> Do you mean like,
> being able to go to 10.0.0.1:/index.php to manage one m0n0wall,
> and then click something, and be managing another m0n0wall
> but still using the local IP address 10.0.0.1?

No, I want _one_ m0n0wall for 2 locations. Basically, what I have been
thinking about is running the m0n0wall on the Internet and the "local"
AP just distributing the connection to it. So basically, my local AP
is as open as it can be. Everyone can connect to it. Then it routes
the people to the captive portal where they authorize themselves and
access is granted.

> Managing the captive portal so more than one m0n0wall
> can use it would be no problem, assuming you use
> a Radius backend

Well, of course. But I am looking to deploy *one* m0n0wall only. Not a
second one, or a third - for that matter.

Thanks,
Till

--
Till Klampaeckel