 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] managing multiple APs with 1 m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:18:12 +0200
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 18:55, till wrote:

> No, I want _one_ m0n0wall for 2 locations.

How are your locations connected? Do you have a fixed (VPN) link between
them?

> Basically, what I have been
> thinking about is running the m0n0wall on the Internet and the "local"
> AP just distributing the connection to it.

????? I don't understand what you want to do.

> So basically, my local AP
> is as open as it can be. Everyone can connect to it. Then it routes
> the people to the captive portal where they authorize themselves and
> access is granted.

If your existing network can setup a VLAN link between the two APs and
the monowall, there shouldn't be any problem.

> Well, of course. But I am looking to deploy *one* m0n0wall only. Not a
> second one, or a third - for that matter.

There is no problem in putting multible APs on the same segment and let
the monowall control the connection to the rest of the world, if that is
what you want.