[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  till <klimpong at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] managing multiple APs with 1 m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:40:42 +0200
Hello,

On 6/6/05, Henning Wangerin
<mailinglists dash after dash 041101 underscore reply dash not dash possible at hpc dot dk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 18:55, till wrote:
>
> > No, I want _one_ m0n0wall for 2 locations.
>
> How are your locations connected? Do you have a fixed (VPN) link between
> them?

Not at all or not yet. Both have Internet access. That's all.

I've been searching around about this issue and I have found a post by
someone on wifigeek.net , who had a different approach to the whole
captive portal/authorization theme.

Check the post here:
http://www.wifigeek.net/ftopict-145.html

Basically, this exclusivly relies on DNS and all you need to
distribute is a DNS server which then gets the user to a website
(online) where they sign in and then they are "ready to surf". I was
wondering if m0n0wall could be used to accomplish the same thing.

Since I have multiple locations and would not like to distribute more
hardware than necessary, it sounded like a good idea to me. When I
speak of multiple locations, then I mean, that they are around 300 km
apart from each other. Both are hooked up to the Internet and that's
all so far.

Cheers,
Till
--