[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  cameron at gwschool dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  routing help
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
hey everybody...
I've just replaced a symantec vpn/firewall model 200R at our main location
with a neoware EON4000P running m0n0wall 1.11.  the box is very similar to
a soekris box - geode processor running at 366mhz (I think), 128mb ram,
onboard nic - rl0, and it even has a pci slot (in which I installed a 2nd
nic - dc0) and an extra memory slot, oh and also has a 98mb hdd.  perfect
for m0n0wall,  $75 on ebay...

now to my problem - I have 6 remote locations with symantec vpn/fw model
100 appliances connecting through SBC DSL which all work. But one which
must connect through the local telecom (roseville),  I have the same
vpn/fw appliance connected, but had to so some extra routing on my 200R to
get it to connect since the public IP of location is 192.168.254.2/24, and
the public IP of the DSL modem the telecom gave me is the live IP and the
LAN network is 192.168.50.0/24.    on the m0n0wall back at corporate, I
have in the static routes:  lan interface, 192.168.254.0/24 gateway is the
live IP of the dsl modem.    I have not changed the static route on the
symantec side, because it worked before.  obviously the route i've added
to the m0n0 box are wrong, and my concern is should I be using pptp or
lan?  is there something else I'm missing?  I wish that I could get into
the 200R, but it doesnt respond to anything anymore.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  sorry for the long email.

-cameron