[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  cameron at gwschool dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  routing help
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
hey everybody...
I've just replaced a symantec vpn/firewall model 200R at our main location
with a neoware EON4000P running m0n0wall 1.11.  the box is very similar to
a soekris box - geode processor running at 366mhz (I think), 128mb ram,
onboard nic - rl0, and it even has a pci slot (in which I installed a 2nd
nic - dc0) and an extra memory slot, oh and also has a 98mb hdd.  perfect
for m0n0wall,  $75 on ebay...

now to my problem - I have 6 remote locations with symantec vpn/fw model
100 appliances connecting through SBC DSL which all work. But one which
must connect through the local telecom (roseville),  I have the same
vpn/fw appliance connected, but had to so some extra routing on my 200R to
get it to connect since the public IP of location is, and
the public IP of the DSL modem the telecom gave me is the live IP and the
LAN network is    on the m0n0wall back at corporate, I
have in the static routes:  lan interface, gateway is the
live IP of the dsl modem.    I have not changed the static route on the
symantec side, because it worked before.  obviously the route i've added
to the m0n0 box are wrong, and my concern is should I be using pptp or
lan?  is there something else I'm missing?  I wish that I could get into
the 200R, but it doesnt respond to anything anymore.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  sorry for the long email.