[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Filtering bridge is off, but a bridged IF doesn't pass traffic?
 Date:  Mon, 6 Jun 2005 23:29:24 -0400
If I bridge an OPT interface with the LAN, do I need to add rules on the
OPT to allow traffic from OPT to elsewhere?  I thought that a bridged
interface just followed the rules of the interface it was connected to,
unless "filtering bridge" was enabled?

I added an "all-all" type rule to the OPT interface and things are
working as I expected, but this seems contrary to the way the option is
worded.

Thanks,
Braden