[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Olugbenga Adara <gbengaadara at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Help with monowall with a bridge
 Date:  Tue, 7 Jun 2005 01:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I have been using monowall for about 3 months now to
make an internet connection available for the machines
on my network and for firewall. My connection to the
net was an ethernet  direct from the isp (we share
same building)

now i've swithed isp and i am now using a wireless
connection that goes into a bridge from which an
ethernet now comes to my monowall machine.

however after i've reconfigured the wan interface with
the proper ip, the machines in my network can not
browse the net. if i put the ethernet cable from the
bridge direct into  a windows machine with the proper
ip, the windows machines browse the net.

looking into the monowall log i can see the firewall
rejecting  packets on the wan interface as it should
but i cant even ping the isp's dns or gateway. i get
"host is down" when i ping isp gateway from monowall.

i have done reconfiguration from scratch but no luck.

please help!

Olugbenga Adara MCP
Consultant, 3om Services,
75, Lebanon Street, Dugbe,