[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  noticable lag
 Date:  Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:44:12 -0700
hey folks,
my users are noticing intermittent lag, and/or network drop connecting
to a m0n0wall 1.11 vpn box.  I have seven active vpn connections to this
box (neoware 4000P - nsc geode processor, 128mb ram, 98mb HDD, with one
onboard nic, and one PCI nic) plus it control's dhcp and the firewall
for the main location.  I'm wondering if the ipsec is taking its toll on
the processor causing the lag / drop.  I'm considering a PIII 866
w/512mb ram to replace the neoware box soon.

anyone have any sage advice?  things to check, things to turn off/on on
the current box.

thanks in advance.

-Cameron